Our Power Up VBS is June 24-28This community-wide event is for kids and parents alike, with pre-event family dinner and an exciting program for the kids! We are so grateful for the volunteers and for the donations we have received to help prepare for this week-long outreach event. Everything is just about set. One of the most important ways you can still support the event is through prayer.
Here are the ways you can be praying for Vacation Bible School:
Pray Daily (and Nightly)VBS is a week long commitment for our volunteers and families. Please be praying daily (and nightly) for this event! How you can pray:
- Pray that all the planning and preparations being done leads to a positive and properly executed event each night.
- Pray that each night would bring more kids and families than we had attend on the previous night!
- Pray for the strength, energy, and excitement of our volunteers who return each night.
- Pray that there would be no interruptions in the ministry being done each night, so that the gospel would be the priority.
CommunityThousands of invite cards were distributed to our local schools. We have nearly 50 volunteers ready to serve our families each night! This is set to be a huge week of community outreach! How you can pray:
- Pray that people who have never set foot in our buildings before bring their kids to to VBS!
- Pray for the families, that they will be blessed by the pre-event dinner, and see the love of Christ in our volunteers and want to know more about him!
- Pray that those who have been here before learn something new about our church and want to learn more about Fellowship.
SafetyWe are so thankful for many qualified volunteers who have taken the time to complete their State-required clearances. Safety is a priority for our church, especially in our Kids’ Ministry. How you can pray:
- Pray that our volunteers and staff consider safety and that safety is taken into account with any last minute preparations.
- Pray that no children, parents, or volunteers are injured or even at risk for injuries during our week of VBS.
- Pray that those skilled and trained in emergency response are sensitive to potential issues that could arise.
- Pray that parents will recognize our church as a safe environment for their children.
Gospel WitnessIt is our mission to pervade our community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. This event should be one that kids and parents find to be fun as well as meaningful. How you can pray:
- Pray for the Spirit to make our volunteers sensitive to his leading kids in conversations about spiritual things.
- Pray that our volunteers are prepared to give an answer for anyone who has questions.
- Pray that those kids who attend would leave knowing more about Jesus and commit their lives to him as a result of VBS.
- Pray that this event presents us more opportunities to share the gospel with those who attend.