Praying for Bolivia Missions
This month, we will be sending Lee Piatt and Paul Jackson, respective chairs on the Elders and Missions Team, to Bolivia to serve and explore possibilities for future missions trips. Please keep them in prayer and use the guide below as you pray!
TRIP TO BOLIVIA
Friday, September 6
- Lee leaves Newark at 5:00 pm arriving in San Jose, Costa Rica at 8:15 pm (CST).
- Health and safety in travel and in countries for all participants.
Psalm 5:11 – – But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you
Saturday, September 7
- Team leaves Costa Rica at 3:45 pm arriving in Lima, Peru at 8:25 pm. where they meet Paul who has come from San Francisco via El Salvador.
- Team leaves Lima, Peru at 10:35 pm
- Good working relationship and unity with interpreter and other team members.
Ephesians 1:2,3 – 2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
Romans 15:6 – that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
Sunday, September 8
- Team arrives in San Jose, Bolivia at 2:20 am and goes through customs and completes process to get VISA.
- Please pray for smooth transition especially at this time of day.
TEACHING SCHEDULE of Lee Piatt and Paul Jackson
Colossians 1:28 – 28 Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.
- Accurate teaching
I Peter 4:10,11– 10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied race: 11 whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
- People in the church being able to understand and find information useful.
Colossians 2:2,3 – 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Monday, September 9
- Lee – Lenses of Perception
- Paul – Lenses that hinder/Help – Complete involvement
Tuesday, September 10
- Lee – Division Chronology of the New Testament
- Paul – Spanish/English divisions of the Bible
Wednesday, September 11
- Lee – Understanding the Covenants/What is a Covenant?
- Paul shares a devotional
Thursday, September 12
- Lee shares a devotional
Paul – The Davidic Covenant
Friday, September 13
- Lee – Reading Wisdom Literature
- Paul – Reading Proverbs
Saturday, September 14
- Lee – Reading the Gospels
- Paul – Reading the Epistles/Letters
Sunday, September 15
- Team leaves San Jose, Bolivia at 7:25 am arriving in San Jose, Costa Rica at 2:15 pm via Lima, Peru
Monday, September 16
- Paul and Lee leave Costa Rica at 7:45 am and fly to Newark, NJ arriving at 2:58 pm.
- The team includes Jim Wilson, director of IBAC, and his wife Michelle; Mike Neeley, pastor from Minnesota, and his wife, MicKee; Lee Piatt; Paul Jackson; and Esteban Amaya (Spanish speaking teacher and friend of Wilsons from Costa Rica). His wife, Bethany, helped with logistics of VISA and reserving place to stay.
- Staying at a motel like an Airbnb in Santa Cruz, Bolivia.
- Team will be checking out compassion ministries with church people in the daytime hours.
- 3 teachings and 1 devotional 6- 9 pm each weeknight.
- 4 teachings and 1 devotional 8 am to 5 pm on Saturday.
- Bolivia is same as Eastern time zone
OTHER WAYS TO PRAY
- Building relationships and partnership with those in the church to help them reach their community.
Mark 1:17 – 17 And Jesus said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men.”
- God’s peace, strength and love abounding
Philippians 4:4-7 – 4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again, I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness[a] be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all
understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- God’s plans for future Fellowship Church Ministry in Bolivia
- How would the Lord have us help?
Romans 7:6 – 6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
II Corinthians 8:3-7 – 3 For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord, 4 begging us earnestly for the favor[b] of taking part in the relief of the saints— 5 and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us. 6 Accordingly, we urged Titus that as he had started, so he should complete among you this act of grace. 7 But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you see that you excel in this act of grace also.